Faculty and Staff Travel Registration
UNIVERSITY INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL REGISTRY
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
This is a compilation of UCO requirements, planning best practices, and resources to assist in travel planning.
Minimum 60 days prior to departure:
- Research country you will be traveling to and if there are any travel alerts.
- Determine if any visas are necessary and what types.
- Check with your health insurance provider to see what coverage is provided in the country you will be visiting.
- Check CDC website for any health travel alerts and what vaccinations are required and recommended AND consult with your physician.
- Verify your passport is valid and remains valid for at least 6 months after the planned return date.
- Gather travel information and emergency contact information.
- Obtain approval from your department/division/college administration.
- Register using the "Register Travel" button below.
Minimum 30 days prior to departure:
- Submit appropriate information to the Travel department UCO Travel webpage
- Register in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to obtain Travel Alerts and Warnings for your destination.
- Determine if you should have additional insurance coverage.
- Reassess the safety and security of the destination
- Make two copies of your passport. Leave one copy with a friend or relative at home. Carry the other copy with you stored separately from the original. Also copy your insurance card and carry separately from your passport.
- Leave a copy of your travel information and contact information with a friend or relative at home.
- Verify there have been no changes with flights
- Make sure you have the contact information for the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you are going.
- Traveler’s Checklist: http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/go/checklist.html
- Women Travelers: http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/go/Women.html
- Health Abroad: http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/go/health.html
- Customs Restrictions: http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/go/customs.html
- Drugs Abroad: http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/go/drugs.html
- Lost /Stolen U.S. Passports: http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/lost-stolen.html
- Canadian Travel Advice: http://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories
- World Health Organization: http://www.who.int/ith/en/
- Country Calling Codes: http://www.countrycallingcodes.com/
- Currency Converter: http://www.xe.com/currencytables/
- For UCO International travel information please visit the UCO Risk Management website.
Click below to Register your Travel
Click below for Proxy Registration